White’s TreasurePro metal detector is a very advanced unit that offers more advanced features and functionality that is usual at its price range. Although it looks to be and marketed as an mid-segment product, it actually offers a lot of features that can only be found in much higher priced models (like automatic ground balancing, multiple tones, preset programs with very detailed discrimination options, back-lit display, very accurate depth indication, etc) and is among the . This is truly a detector that you need to consider if you are half serious about treasure hunting.
- 10 inch waterproof coil
- 5 search modes
- 8 target IDs
- Adjustable discrimination
- Threshold option
- All-Metal mode
- Beach mode
- 8 audio tones
- Automatic ground balance
- The threshold feature is a wonderful feature (and quite frankly something we did not expect from this price range). Instead of the usual silent search mode, you can use the threshold setting to make the detector produce a constant hum which will be cut off when there is a rejected find. This setting can be used to determine areas that you need to focus on to get better finds
- Jam-packed with advanced features but very easy and intuitive to use. The display and the controls are easy to understand and if you make any mistakes, you can simply reset everything to factory settings with a push of a button.
- TreasurePro comes with a lot of pre-loaded programs (the first time you turn it on, it will be on coin/jewelry program which discriminates iron and detects everything else). There are other very useful preset programs like the beach mode which makes it very easy to find objects on wet sand. There is also the all metal mode which accepts everything and shows you a numeric value to indicate the type of metal it detected. In addition, the Hi Trash setting is very useful in discriminating and rejecting foil, pull tabs and very large junk finds. This mode can single handedly help you find all kinds of coins in addition to silver and gold rings and filter out most of the junk without giving you a headache with constant tones.
- You can select up to 8 tones to make it easier to determine the type of metal it detects. You can select between 1, 2, 4 and 8 tones based on your personal preference (for instance, you can simply select 1 if you want to hear anything and everything it finds).
- The discrimination controls are phenomenal. You can select pretty much everything you want to eliminate using the discrimination settings and get only the items that you desire to find (this mode makes it very easy to eliminate foil and pull tabs, greatly eliminating most of the false positives).
- It provides very accurate depth indication with the pinpoint mode. The depth indicator is placed conveniently on the left side of the display.
- True automatic ground balancing which tracks the ground as you walk and cancel any interference caused by the type of soil. You don’t have to pump the coil and keep rebalancing the ground which is a pretty convenient feature (and another one we wouldn’t expect at this price range).
- The only downside we can talk about is the weight of the coil (which is pretty normal for a coil this size). If you have any back problems, etc. you may find it a bit hard to use it for prolonged amounts of times. But if you don’t have any health problems, it won’t be a major nuisance
Although the price may seem a bit high at first glance, we actually find the Treasure Pro to be one of the best (if not the best) metal detector in its price range. You won’t find most of the advanced features it offers in models that are sold for even higher prices (only those at the highest price segment offer those). We strongly recommend you check this one out.